_____________________ . ______________________
Since we've only met through a series of emails and Facebook messages, we wanted to learn more about IFEANYI OGBO—beyond what we learned reading the 60 enchanting poems in A Forever Kind of Dream. He was kind enough to answer 5 questions for us.
1. When did you realize you wanted to be a poet?
It was a gradual dawning. And when I realized how inspiring and
liberating it was to let these words swim from my heart to the heart
of others, I knew I was never going to stop writing poetry.
2. What's the most painful thing you've ever experienced?
I have a few sad stories, but looking at the big picture I realize
they had to happen to prepare me for something great. There are some
joys you can't have without pain.
3. Has poetry helped you get through it and if so, how?
Oh, poetry helps through every condition. It has been like a warm
blanket on a cold stormy night. It doesn't stop the storm, but it's a
warm companion through it all.
4. Have you traveled much beyond Nigeria?
Not yet. I have a poem titled "let's run away," which reflects my
dream of traveling around the world with a loved one and coming back
home with new eyes.
5. If you could have dinner with any 4 people alive today, who would they be?
Bernie Sanders, Angelina Jolie, Bono and Marianne Williamson.